Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Maldonado U-Pick "garden"

This is going to be a short one. If you love to pick your own produce straight off the farm (only fun when it is the family farm, at least for me friends), then this is the place for you! The produce is standard for our region- squash, 'maters, okra,eggplant, and of course CHILES! They also had small flower patches- kinda cute- cut-your-own-arrangement deal...Bring sunscreen, bug spray (a MUST),water (lots, because we are in the desert and it is always hot!) and an extra pair of shoes (irrigation,people). We went with a family friend and her daughter, and, while we walked away with some good produce, I personally prefer my nice, neat farmer's market.On the upside, we did get to feed the goats some weeds and the kids played for a (short- BUGS!!!!) while on the playground. While the Maldonado's have something good going with their corn maze, if I am going to be working any fields, I think I prefer them to be my own.





No comments:

Post a Comment